Friday 27 July 2012

Thinking...

Charity, Edwin and Mabel were out sitting on the bench seat, having a little discussion about 'the old days'.   Some reminiscing was going on, Charity telling them about her days on the stage, whilst Edwin was remembering going to the circus with his parents in the days when they used to have animals doing all sorts of tricks.  Mabel recalls thinking that it was rather cruel having the animals and is glad that sort of thing doesn't happen anymore.



Just as Mabel is about to tell the other two about her trips to the seaside, she sees someone approaching.



'Oh dear, who is coming along now' Charity thinks to herself with a slightly bored and fed up look on her face... 'I'd been hoping so much I'd have a little peace and quiet today' she sighs.



Striding purposefully along is Percival, looking like he is on a mission, completely oblivious to the three companions enjoying the afternoon sun.


"Ah hem..."



What was that?  Percival is suddenly aware that there are others around...



Oh hello, what are you all doing sitting there?  Shouldn't you be busy doing something?


"Are you busy?"  Charity asks him.  "Looks like you were in a dream to me"


"A dream?  Me?  Oh no, I was busy thinking!  Very important you know thinking.   If more people thought, there would be a lot of thinking going on you know".  Percival replies


"Oh quite!"  replies Mabel, with a twinkle in her eye.  "So tell me what YOU were thinking about Percy"



"Well..." begins Percival.  "Erm...wait a minute did you just call me Percy?  Please, none of this shortening of names, it is quite uncouth.  My name is Percival von Stardust...or you can call me Professor, but certainly not Percy!"


Mabel, Charity and Edwin just look at Percival as he gets all flustered waving his arms around in protest.


"Now where was I?  Ah, thinking that is what I was doing..." and Percival starts to sit down.



Edwin looks at Charity who in turn is watching Percival, who suddenly seems to have quite a glazed look on his face.  Charity is rather puzzled by such a character and wonders how she ended up mixing with such an unusual group of friends.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Cute story! I was wondering what Percival was thinking too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.