Sunday 14 October 2012

It doesn't always go right

Note to myself, don't try sewing when you have a bad headache/migraine...things don't work out how you want them to!  Thinking I would 'work' through the bad head pain today wasn't such a good idea afterall, and the end result was a disappointing result in my sewing and having to go to bed for several hours with some pain killers.

I wanted to make Anne-Marie a winter coat and I had some lovely blue velvet from which to make it from.  However, I am really disappointed with the result, and when feeling better I may well tackle unpicking it and seeing if I can get it to hang better.  Certainly can't attempt it yet.  The sizing is correct apart from the sleeves which are a little long.  If I can't get it to hang correct I will have to make another.  I think I have just enough fabric left to do so, although I will be cross with myself for wasting this.


I had a lovely day out yesterday, which is partly why I think I am suffering today - oh the consequences of enjoying myself!  Nope, no alcohol partaken, I don't drink, it is just the fact that I had a day out which involved a long journey on several trains there and back.  As much as I enjoyed the day it was nice to come back to Anne-Marie, and she was first doll I picked up and hugged on my return.  There really is something about her that is special.  No she isn't soft, but she is cuddly as she just sort of 'fits' in my arms just right.  I wondered what sort of day she had.  Perhaps she will share it with us in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. I think the coat is lovely. I certainly could never make anything like that! I hope you are feeling better soon.

    By the way, my Sally has finally come home and has already told me her name. Her poor wig is a thin, shedding mess, but I found an old cheap wig in my stash for her to wear until I can find the perfect one for her. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. I am so pleased with her! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.