Thursday 20 December 2012

Long Sleeve Winter Dress

I thought I would try making one more dress out of the pretty self striping wool I had left, but this time adding long sleeves.  I'm quite proud of myself for attempting this as usually I am very much a follow the pattern person, but this pattern didn't have sleeves, so I had to make them up myself.


I left the sleeves for last measuring the size on Peggy Sue as I went along.


The first time I didn't quite get the sleeve length right, so undid the garter stitch rows and did a few more rows of stocking stitch.


The end result was very satisfying and a really nice fit.  I had to laugh when I saw this photo and the cheeky monkey reaching out to the candle...good thing it is lit!  I also think Anne-Marie is hoping she will get the next knitted dress!


I added buttons to the front for detail


I now feel like I have really made a proper winter dress for Peggy Sue with long sleeves.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! You did a great job on this sweet dress! I'm sure Peggy Sue is all toasty and warm wearing it.

    I'm sure Anne-Marie will enjoy having one as well.

    You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the knitted dresses and the wool you used is divine. All my dollies will be expecting me to make them some now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.