Sunday 24 July 2016

Repurpose/Upcycle Linen Challenge and Prize.

In June I took part in the June 'Upcycle Linen Challenge' on the Yahoo AADC Bleuette Group.

I didn't have any vintage hankies or linens and was very kindly sent some from my friend.


This was the first handkerchief I used.  I thought the greens would suit Hazel.



Here she is modelling the dress that I submitted for the challenge.

I also finished another one in June, but didn't get to upload the photo.


This time I chose a blue hanky 


I wasn't convinced this photo did the dress or Hazel justice which is partly why I didn't post it on the group.



I took this photo today in the garden.  Hazel is wearing a new wig I came across while sorting through some of my smaller wigs.  I think she looks really cute in it.



You can imagine my surprise when I won the challenge - yes me who very rarely if ever, wins anything!  The prize arrived while I was away and Hazel was delighted to find a gorgeous handmade dress.  She looks so pretty in it.


Thank you so much Trish for both the linens that enabled me to take part and the wonderful prize.



3 comments:

  1. Sigh....I love vintage hankies, but my source of them (a local antique shop) went out of business. I still have a very few left.

    I can easily see why you won! Both dresses are beautiful, and use that lovely scalloped border to great advantage. And Hazel is just adorable in the dresses, and with her new, shorter haircut :-) Bravo for your win!!

    warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning. Hazel looks great in the dresses you made for her and I really like her new wig. And the dress you received as a prize is pretty cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! The dress is lovely, but your hazel is super adorable! I love her in the new wig. That's my favorite style for dolls, especially smaller ones. The prize dress is very sweet! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.