Saturday 26 November 2016

Tilly (Matilda) A Girl for All Time.


A year ago I bought Matilda, the Tudor 'A Girl for All Time' .  She was a bargain at £20 and thought, why not?  She then languished in her box for a year as I really wasn't sure whether or not to keep her. Anyway, the day before Peggy Sue's birthday I decided to open her, having heard that some friends who had bought her from the same seller had discovered she had some staining from her clothes. Fortunately there was just a little staining on her top petticoat and a tiny mark on one of her legs, which I am pretty sure will come off with some Oxy 10 in the summer time.  Nothing to be concerned about.


She is packaged quite nicely.



Freed from her box, I like the outfit, but wasn't particularly wanting her as a 'Period' doll, so her clothes promptly came off (also because of staining issues)


She is quite different from the rest of my dolls.


Of course I had to set to work promptly to make her a dress for Peggy Sue's birthday party.


She looks a little unsure and apprehensive.

I was pleased to discover she fits Sasha shoes.

After the party was over I knitted her a dress for December.


I especially like this on her.


Admiring my Christmas Cactus/Succulent.


I think she looks older than most of my other dolls.  

I have called her Tilly as I already have a Matilda (Australian Girl Doll)

2 comments:

  1. Tilly is quite lovely...I like that she has her own unique look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly does doesn't she?! I am enjoying her, it is nice to have someone a little different.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, I hope you have enjoyed it.